1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

new bike

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Gazza1, Jul 17, 2011.

1. Gazza1

Gazza1 Guest

hi all
    went looking for a new bike friday went to look at a fireblade in sheerness when i told the guy it had a knocking noise from the gearbox when he blipped the throttle he told me to politely f##k off so i did :sfight: then went to test ride a cbr 600rr for an hour and found i didnt really like it so now stuck on what to get.
    have also tried a 2002 fireblade which i found quite comfy like my cbr600f so really now dont know what to get any advice guys :thumbsup:

2. Les

Les British Superbike +

Hard to help really as it's down to rider age (comfort), cost, type of use, image, MPG & perhaps brand loyalty. Shop test rides are ok but I think you'll need to have it for a full day to see what it's like to live with.

3. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

What are your FundS Mate - ar you looking to PX yours ???

4. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

how about a 2003 cbr600f
    newer thans yours and just as comfy :D

5. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

i have always like the 954 fireblades comfort and fun

6. deano

deano Commuter 500 +

gaz you can shoot round mine anytime and ride my gixxer and take her a a test ride most gixxers ride the same easy fun and not very difficult in most situations

7. Yoda

how about a 58 plate 750 gixxer mate :)

8. deano

deano Commuter 500 +

im not sure gazza is looking for one in bad condition yoda :laugh:

9. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

gaz dont be tempted by poeple who want you to ride or buy there gixxers they know they have made a mistake in buying them

10. deano

deano Commuter 500 +

well looking at your riding style lately so have you :laugh:

11. Yoda

If i sold it i would only buy another one ... they Usally stay on 2 Wheels unlike theR6 you fing in Gravle traps or Busshes

12. Kevin Taylor

Kevin Taylor Off Roader +

Have you tried a 675 daytona yet?? Lot of peole switching from japanese to these now.

13. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Yeah the Daytona 675 is certainly a nice sized bike for me and you Gazza :)

14. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Compared to the other options, the 675's will be a bit pricey but they're also about the best thing on 2 wheels in the class.

The newer GSXR750's aren't as extreme as the 600 / 1k model if you're looking for sporty but comfy.

More info needed I say, budget, style, etc. would help :thumbsup:

15. deano

deano Commuter 500 +

well i went from the 600 to 750 i couldnt believe how much more room and comfy it was compared to the 600 but the 750 is a bit dull as you dont have to ride it hard if i was to have them on the track i would have the 600 anyday:)

Yoda likes this.
  16. Skortchio

Skortchio Caustic +

Nail on the head!
    That's pretty much par for the course on anything over 600, even the triple pulls away in 3rd without any bother (I was distracted, okay!).

Does depend what you want from a bike though, If you want it to look pretty and do everything for you buy a Gixxerthou and have it brake / traction control / throttle moderate for you and leave it in 3rd all the time.
    If you like to be involved in your riding, don't :cautious:

17. deano

deano Commuter 500 +

well coming from mx background ive only ever been invloved with the riding and these modern bikes are pretty cruise control i was amased at how easy they are to ride even with the power of these machines my mx bikes are aggressive and require total control at all times

18. Ducky

Ducky Quackers! +

Ride a superbike on mud and gravel, that should make them pretty aggressive then! :laugh:

deano likes this.
  19. deano

deano Commuter 500 +

cant say ive ever thought of wipping a superbike over a tabletop mad thought yeah that would deffo make them agressive in fact i would have to check my undercarriage after :laugh:

Ducky likes this.
  20. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +