1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Secb Camping Trip 2020

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by lammyR6, Jun 24, 2020.

1. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

It seems that the restrictions on camping will be lifted on the 4th July, all being well.

Obviously we haven't been able to plan our yearly camping trip but I was thinking it would be quite nice to maybe see if we can squeeze one in, in September depending on interest.

I know that many of you who were furloughed are now back at work and may not have the flexibility to get time off but I thought, maybe if we went back to last year's spot in the New Forest then it's not far for you to ride if you want to come the direct motorway route. The campsite was lovely, the owners friendly and there were at least 2 pubs in very close walking distance. (Would have to contact them of course to check. @Fergy you have had some contact with them?)

If anyone is interested let me know and I can see whether it's worth trying to get any concrete plans together.

Jon Weston and Beelady like this.
  2. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

We are booked there in July and just waiting confirmation that they will be opening so can report back then as to how they are maintaining the social distancing thing.

lammyR6 likes this.
  3. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

yeah i am interested . no idea on what time i can get off but i did the friday run down last time

lammyR6 likes this.
  4. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

So apparently all the sites owned by camping in the Forrest will now not be opening until 2021! What was that place we went to a few years ago that gave us our own little corner? From memory they were talking about building a new shower block?

5. lammyR6

Damn! That's a bummer. I will have to have a look at past trips to figure out which one that was. @Roadwart do you know?

6. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

We have found a couple of others but just waiting for them to come back to us to let us know if there are any issues. There are a few that are opening but will not have shower/toilet blocks open. Will let you know what I find

BlackHornet and lammyR6 like this.
  7. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

8. phil read

phil read World Superbike +

Beelady, BlackHornet and lammyR6 like this.
  9. lammyR6

It seems that group bookings are going to be the issue. Which probably will be the same at all campsites. Hmmmm, may have to have a rethink....

10. lammyR6

Having a look now. Some of these may be open to group bookings. Will research

11. SuzuKeith

SuzuKeith World Superbike +

I would be up for it depending on dates

Beelady, lammyR6 and BlackHornet like this.
  12. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

I have been looking at various places over the weekend for my own trip and whilst there are a few still open there are also an awful lot that are deciding not to open this year at all! Some will not let you check out on a Saturday saying they either want you there for whole weekend or a full midweek stay. Some are even reducing their numbers due to restrictions they are having to implement for the toilet/shower blocks. I think it may be a case of get numbers and dates and have a couple of places in mind when trying to book.

13. SuzuKeith

just saying have found couple sites open Sept near Fordingbridge

lammyR6 likes this.
  14. lammyR6

Oooh, do you know if they will allow groups?

15. SuzuKeith

I dont mind making tentative inquiries, do we have numbers yet

Beelady likes this.
  16. lammyR6

Not yet. Will start a list.
    Dates to be arranged for September. If people are a maybe please add name to the list:
    Keith
    Leila

17. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Me as a possible :D

lammyR6 likes this.
  18. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Keith
    Leila
    Fergy possible
    Tom hopefully

lammyR6 likes this.
  19. SuzuKeith

Hmmmm this not so easy. As I think Fergy has said some sites closed, some have their shower/toilet blocks shut. I have made couple inquiries for Friday 4th Sept for 3 nights, thinking the weather may be more kind to us at the begining of the month but who knows. These dates not fixed just wondered peeps feelings on them. What sort of price are you guys expecting/prepared to pay, had a site come back at £28/night seems bit steep to me but I don`t know. Comments pls

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  20. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Keith that sounds about average at the moment. I have been looking at sites to go away with wife and one site wanted almost £60 a night! We have managed to book one for week after next for £26 per night near West wittering and another for August near Salisbury for around the same money. They both saying they will not do group bookings though. It may mean a bit of a limited selection :(

Beelady likes this.