1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Help From Peeps 70+

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by SuzuKeith, Nov 23, 2018.

1. SuzuKeith

SuzuKeith World Superbike +

On the 16th Dec I hit the big 70, I went online to renew my driving licence and at end of process it seems I lose some of my Grandfather rights ie can`t drive 7 tonnes or tow a trailor. Bit annoying but my main concern is that it said car licence renewal no mention of motorbike. Has anyone 70+ renewed online and did yr bike part get automaticaly get renewed with the car.

2. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

this might help when you reach 70 years old
    There is an additional complication when you reach 70. At this stage you will need to renew your driving licence. If you use the standard renewal procedure you will lose your C1 entitlement and you will no longer be able to drive motorhomes/larger vehicles between 3,500kg and 7,500kg. To avoid this, ask your GP to fill in a medical report form D4. Your GP is likely to charge for this service.

You will find more information about driving licences on the Directgov website.

3. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Oh Sh1t just realised this will be me in a couple of years!!!!!!!!! :cry: :thumbsdown:

megawatt likes this.
  4. SuzuKeith

Got email back from DVLA. I lose minibus and 7.5 tonnes bit annoying but don`t really need them but all else stays as is so can still tow trailer and most important keep bike license. So have applied online now the wait for new license.

5. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

keep a copy of the old one until everything is checked :)

hoppielimp likes this.
  6. SuzuKeith

yes they want me to cut up old one and send it back but I think I will wait and see new one first

Beelady and BlackHornet like this.
  7. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

Yes. Never trust them. Remember I had to start right back at the beginning during the lost entitlement cock up a few years ago. Off the Harley and onto a 125 again. It was not a happy time. Last time I had to renew my licence I hung on to the old one. No way I could afford to start again now.