1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

A Meet At Loomies On Sunday 29th July.

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Beelady, Jun 22, 2018.

1. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Hope to meet you somewhere en route.

Beelady likes this.
  2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

@Beelady what time do you think you will be there from ?
    just trying to think of getting a few together and don't want to be too early or late

3. Rev

Rev Race Rep +

I’d like to come along

4. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

I hope to get there around opening time and I plan to stay all day, so there's no time to aim for, just whatever suits everyone best. It was one of John's favourite lazy days, a ride to Loomies and a few hours just hanging about, seeing who and what turned up and then a nice ride home again.
    I shall leave when everyone has gone so I can scatter John's ashes on the way home, just as he requested. I hope the weather stays dry. It's meant to be a cheerful day, so just a bit more sunshine would be lovely.:)

5. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Have you worked out a time yet? in case I can move other stuff around, to also go

6. BlackHornet

it's dependant on the weather but hopefully thinking of leaving here around 10.
    could meet at the maresfield around 10.30 ish but will have to confirm in the morning

Rev likes this.
  7. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Due to our bike issues, we sadly won't be joining this run to pay our respects to John :(

Beelady likes this.
  8. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Sorry I wasn't able to switch stuff so wont be able to make it! :thumbsdown: But I will be there in spirit :ghug:

Beelady and BlackHornet like this.
  9. BlackHornet

trying to work out what the weather is doing , wet here but not that bad but have heard it's stair rods elsewhere so I will cancel the maresfield meet
    might still try and go but will decide later

Fergy likes this.
  10. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

All went well. A very nice day with lots of laughs and tall tales, mostly about John. You were right about the rain though. It pelted down most of the way there, all day and all the way home afterwards. I don't think I've ever got so wet before. But no matter. John would have enjoyed every minute and would have been amazed to see how many turned up to say goodbye. Thanks to every one of you who have been so kind and supportive over the last few months, both before and since John passed away. I really have appreciated it so much. Every thought and message helped me get through a very sad time. xxx

Eagle, fzr-paul, Pilbs and 7 others like this.