1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Guess The Fine

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by MaDProFF, Sep 8, 2017.

1. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Posted on another forum

"As a few of you seem to like quizzes here's one.
    A friend of mine has just been done for speeding at 51mph in a 30 zone, not a built up area on the old Nant y Caws road to Carmarthen.
    Give yourself a big slap on the back if you can correctly guess his fine ?"

Guess points and Fine

:)

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

6 points and £2800.00 fine

3. MaDProFF

4. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

6pts / £1000

MaDProFF likes this.
  5. MaDProFF

GRRRRR

hoppielimp likes this.
  6. Vitesse45

Vitesse45 Street Fighter +

Was he on an H2? :cash:

7. Rosie

Rosie Sport Tourer +

Well, we may surmise, but does anyone have any experience of getting a notice of intended prosecution regarding a speeding offence for something they don't know anything about ? I got one thro' the post recently for someone with my registration plate getting clocked doing over 50 in a 40 zone on the Ewell bypass in Surrey on a Monday night in July this year. Just gobsmacked. Don't know the area and had to look it up on Google maps. So they send you a link with the images and of course definitely not my bike and contacted them to say so and sent them pictures of my bike. Not heard anything since and wondering if I will end up going to court or whether they will investigate and let me know? Rosie

8. T.C

T.C Custom cruiser +

What you have experienced is becoming increasingly common and you are not alone.

You will have received the NIP because it was your plate that was recorded on the system.

However, if the original offence was committed in July and we are now well into September, it is invalid anyway, so any prosecution for you or anyone else would be unlawfull unless is could be proved that there was a justifiable reason for such a delay, and usually the only mitigation argument would be in cases of a nonstop crash and it has taken time totrace the offending driver, or company vehicles and the NIP was sent to the registered keeper.

You have proven that the offender was not you, you have received the NIP well outside the 14 day statutory period (although it is the date of postage that is important as it is deemed to have been served once posted) and the bike recorded is different to the bike to which the registration mark applies.

So from a prosecution point of view, I don't think you have much to worry about....

However, I would be concerned if I knew that there was someone other than me out there using my registration number.

Having pointed out the cloning, it may pay you to enquire as to what action Surrey Police are taking to track down the phoney.

Stars and Stripes likes this.
  9. Rosie

Rosie Sport Tourer +

Thanks so much for responding to this and putting my mind at ease. I personally do try hard to observe to speed restrictions especially in towns and built up areas, too many loons on the road in cars and other untoward stuff that happens. I did ask them this at the time as I didn't want it happening again to me but no response. I will contact them again now. Rosie