1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Keep Your Eyes Peeled For A Mercedes Involved In A Collision On Sunday

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by BlackHornet, Aug 29, 2017.

1. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Copied from faceache

I'm asking all my friends, and anyone else who has friends on Facebook, to share this post far and wide - in the hope that it will eventually be read by the person who was driving a white Mercedes E class in the vicinity of Glynde, East Sussex, in the morning of Sunday 27th August, 2017. The car will be distinguishable by the new motorcycle-shaped dent in it. It is, sadly, unlikely that the Mercedes driver will admit to his/her 'friends' that the new dent is the result of his/her recent collision with a motorcycle, since they did not even have the decency to stop and check on the wellbeing of the rider he/she sent flying. If you do happen to know the owner of this newly damaged car, and/or the person who was driving it through Glynde on Sunday morning, perhaps you could pass on a message from me...
    Please tell the driver not to worry. Although the Air Ambulance arrived very quickly, and the doctors and paramedics treated the riders serious injuries at the scene, the rider was ultimately rushed to the Royal Sussex County Hospital and has not died. Please also advise the driver that the police are very interested in meeting him or her - but again, do not worry about it - the charge is unlikely to be manslaughter. But, let's face it, driving away at speed immediately after knocking a motorcyclist off his bike is not the most courageous course of action a decent person could take following such an incident. And your 'friends' are not likely to admire you all the more for this particular choice of behaviour.
    With this, hopefully comforting, update on the riders condition, perhaps the driver could now muster just the tiniest degree of decency, and maybe find the balls to save the police an awful lot of time and trouble, and present themselves at their local police station. After All, there are plenty of witnesses, and very good helmet-cam evidence from the bike following my unfortunate friend. The police are determined and will eventually trace the car and the driver - but the longer you leave it before handing yourself in the longer you will just have to sweat it out, knowing full well that it is only a matter of time. You'll just have to accept that you cowardly drove away from the scene of your crime - you can't turn the clock back - but you don't have to live with that sense of guilt and cowardice forever. Only you will know the reason why you fled, but it's not too late to show a little bit of belated decency now.
    Thank you - I'm sure your friends will appreciate you that little more knowing that you are not a total and utterly heartless bastard.

jonny1400 likes this.
  2. T.C

T.C Custom cruiser +

I will pass the message on and I hope your friend makes a full and speedy recovery.

Get him to get the ball rolling with the MiB as quickly as possible. The sooner the better whilst evidence can still be gathered.

Give me a shout if you need any help or advice.

Roadwart and Stars and Stripes like this.
  3. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

sorry but I only copied it from Facebook. Not heard anything more about it than that. It's not even on the police website which is a bit weird.