1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Bank Holiday Monday 28.8.17

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by lammyR6, Aug 26, 2017.

1. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Reckon a rideout is in order for the Bank Holiday. I think many of our usual haunts may be closed so am thinking the Clifftop Café in Folkestone (possibly). Will gauge interest and then post up more details nearer the time :D

accessengineer and phil read like this.
  2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

interested :thumbsup:
    not fussed where either

3. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

I am not about, suppose to be going to some May Day band thing during the day, prob get out early, but have to be home I think by midday

4. RedRock

RedRock Street Fighter +

I'm off to Donnington.:rubhands:

5. SuzuKeith

SuzuKeith World Superbike +

If yr thinking coming this way may well dust the bike off and come to say hi. Any thoughts on meeting place to start

6. accessengineer

accessengineer Commuter 500

Likewise, Where and what time.

7. lammyR6

Ok, plan so far:
    10am meet at 1066 café, leave at 10.15
    11am meet at the Shell Petrol Station, Brenzett Roundabout, Romney Marsh TN29 9TZ

I don't have a working sat nav so may be a mystery tour to find Clifftop Café (unless anyone else knows the way?)
    After that could do a wiggly route back towards Rye etc.

BlackHornet likes this.
  8. BlackHornet

9. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Sounds fun as ever :) can't make it, poorly mother in law (still!) and a certain member of the family letting us down at the last minute (hope its genuine Grrr) means son in law duties.

BlackHornet likes this.
  10. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

We may join you if all goes according to plan tomorrow :)

lammyR6 and BlackHornet like this.
  11. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

May join you if up in time. If not, may try to meet you somewhere later.

12. SuzuKeith

SuzuKeith World Superbike +

Hope to see you at Brensett at 11

13. lammyR6

There will be another guy meeting at Brenzett, I think on a blue fazer? In case you get there before us

14. lammyR6

Well what an interesting day that was :D. Great turnout including a quick catch up Tomasz at the gas station on his way to the beach. I thoroughly enjoyed it, despite the "tractor - bike upside down in ditch" moment (not anyone on the forum I hasten to add, although he was with us lol).

As for the incident - true to form the group pulled together: said bike was pulled from ditch, Mikey chauffeured rider to go and pick up his van, John and John provided verbal entertainment, general banter ensued, the farmer's lad hung around looking suitably bemused and meanwhile the :sun1: continued to shine. Once van had arrived the bike was loaded and rider made his way home, slightly bruised, a bit embarrassed and still as crazy lol. Amazingly neither he nor bike were really damaged.

After that "brief" interlude we continued on to the Cliff Top Café where we managed to grab a bit to eat at last. A massive thanks you to @accessengineer for leading - some brilliant roads round that way and to @jonny1400 for being back marker . Also to @Beelady for her stint at leading, albeit on a slight magical mystery tour ;). (Not me this time!)

Great to see you all - I am still grinning :ghug:

jonny1400 and Mikey like this.
  15. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Sorry we didn't catch up with you. Made a late start due to waking up with a bit of a headache but headed off anyway. Got almost to Cranbrook & was feeling no better so diverted back home.

16. BlackHornet

that was a very tight gap, how only one bike went down is only due to Leila and Eddie being bloody good :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Besides that what a great day.

Cheers to John for the great roads :thumbsup:

Luckily the guy who came off has already asked me if that is our normal drop off system so can't be too bad

jonny1400 and lammyR6 like this.
  17. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

I enjoyed myself, but still have no idea how I ended up in front :confused:

jonny1400, lammyR6 and BlackHornet like this.