1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Poker Run Saturday 3rd Of June

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by BlackHornet, May 10, 2017.

1. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

[​IMG]although no camping or beer this year by the looks of it

Fergy and Roadwart like this.
  2. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

I'm in. Always enjoy this.

3. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Sorry, already committed to something else that day :(

4. Pilbs

Pilbs Street Fighter +

Nuts - I enjoyed that last year - can't do it got a Charity BBQ to organise in the evening :stomp::stomp:

5. BlackHornet

:bump:Only just over a week or so to go

6. Vitesse45

Vitesse45 Street Fighter +

nope sorry, going to the Club Kawasaki ride in event at Lower Loden near Tewkesbury from 2-4 june.

You are invited to join local Kawasaki Dealers, Ambassadors and fellow Club members for the 2017 Club Ride In. The event will be held at the Lower Lode Inn, Gloucestershire where you can arrive from Friday 2nd June, choose to camp or B&B on site and enjoy entertainment, live band and food and drink from Saturday onwards.
    WHEN
    You're able to arrive from Friday 2nd June as we've hired the campsite & venue for the whole weekend. The band & catering will be available on Saturday evening and breakfast is available to add on Sunday morning.
    WHERE
    Lower Lode Inn
    Forthampton
    (Nr Tewkesbury)
    Gloucestershire
    GL19 4RE
    The Lower Lode Inn is set in a stunning location on the banks of the River Severn, a stones throw from the historic town of Tewkesbury, which is also accessible by a historic foot ferry. Set between the Malvern and Cotswold Hills, the Inn offers a great base for exploring some of the UK's most charming villages and the stunning river valley countryside of the Severn Vale. They are within easy reach of Upton upon Severn and the provincial towns of Cheltenham Spa, Gloucester, Worcester and there is easy motorway access to M50/M5.
    The Inn offers a riverside beer garden with extensive garden seating, also a games room with pool table and jukebox. Serving fine locally sourced home cooked fayre from our 5 star hygiene rated kitchen and Camra accredited real ales, this family run traditional pub has a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere.

With nearby main roads, the Inn is the perfect destination for a ride with your local Ambassador/dealer so get in touch so find out their plans or join the discussion on the forum.

WHAT'S INCLUDED

Every attendee must purchase an 'Event ticket' to receive an event wristband to gain entry, this includes entry to the event, entertainment & catering for Saturday 3rd June.

OPTIONAL EXTRAS
    • Add a hot breakfast for Sunday 4th June for just £6 per person
    With electric hookup available, elsan disposal, drinking water, Shower Unit & 24hr toilets, the lawned riverside campsite at The Lower Lode Inn is an ideal place to stay over for the night.
    • To camp without electric, please choose the £5 option which automatically includes 02/06/2017 & 03/06/2017
    • To camp with electric, 10 pitches are available at £12 per night by booking directly with the venue
    If you're looking to stay over but don't want to camp then the following B&B rooms are also available on site, bookable direct with Sam at The Lower Lode Inn:

• 1 x Twin Room
    • 2 x Double Rooms
    • 1 x Family Room with double bed and bunk beds
    • 1 x Family Room with double bed, bunk bed and double futon
    The costs are: £40.00 single occupancy, £75 Double Occupancy, Family Rooms £85/£95.

To book a camping pitch with electric or a B&B room, please contact Sam at The Lower Lode Inn on 01684 293224. Rooms & pitches are booked on a first come first served basis and make sure you mention you are booking for the Club Kawasaki event as we have reserved the pitches & rooms.
    QUESTIONS

FRIDAY
    You are able to arrive anytime from Friday onwards, please note: no catering or entertainment is planned for Friday but the on site pub is open with a restaurant & bar and camping facilities are available.

SATURDAY
    Entertainment will begin at around 7pm with a live band & private bar. A hot evening meal is included with every 'event ticket' purchased. Camping with or without electric or B&B rooms must be booked in addition to your 'event ticket'.

SUNDAY
    You are able to add breakfast for the Sunday morning.

If you have any further questions, please get in touch at club@kawasaki.co.uk.

7. BlackHornet

:bump:Tomorrow

8. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Whats the plan Tom?

9. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Not about to do this sorry

10. BlackHornet

Yeah we have a cunning plan. Just no one knows all the stops :)
    Thinking of going for breakfast at the car wash diner ( a21 diner as it's now known )
    With the idea to leave there at 12
    So guessing those wanting breakfast need to be there around 11.
    I will try to find out all the stops and make sure we have no idea how to get to any of them. Then head off in search of a full house.

Roadwart likes this.
  11. lammyR6

Well it looks like the Bear Inn will have live music and BBQ till 4pm. However the bar and menu food will be available all day.
    At the minute we know some of the stops ie:
    The Bear Inn (definite)
    V-Twin Custom Cycles, Rye Harbour
    The Eight Bells, Hawkhurst
    The Norsemen mcc clubhouse, Hastings
    + 1 more that we can't remember and I can't presently find the flyer!

BlackHornet likes this.
  12. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Love the idea of brekkie and one of those magical mystery tours! I dont think i have actually completed a poker run yet :) so i will head to the diner for about 11 then. If anything changes any chance someone could text me as my computer is currently not working :( now wheres my hammer...

lammyR6 and BlackHornet like this.
  13. MaDProFF

gonna come down for breakfast :)

BlackHornet and lammyR6 like this.
  14. BlackHornet

nice little day out :D
    good band in Burwash :thumbsup:

I very nearly had the winning hand, all I was missing was the king, queen and ace :hah:

lammyR6 likes this.
  15. MaDProFF

Yep good day, did poker run in the end, got 2 prs :(

lammyR6 likes this.
  16. lammyR6

Fun little jaunt out although it was noticeably much quieter this year, possibly due to change in organiser?

Slight little mishap when my bike decided it wanted a little lay down before being parked up but no damage (apart from my pride of course lol).

Great company as ever :ghug: and to top it off it was :sun2:

BlackHornet likes this.