1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Motogp Assen June 24-25th

Discussion in 'Racing related' started by Eileen, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Eileen

Eileen Off Roader +

Any one else going?

Or anyone going to any of the other races?

2. phil read

phil read World Superbike +

I've been for the last few years can't make it this year, I believe Beelady is going.

3. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

I certainly am! Sadly, not on my bike this year but I wasn't going to turn down a free lift there and back. Still going to do the indoor camping as it's so good. I just love going there. Waffles for breakfast and yummy restaurant food every evening with all sorts of snacks in between. Lidls in town stays open until 9pm Friday, so you can stock up with snacks and drinks, although there's plenty of food stalls around the track.
    Even with the travel cost it's still cheaper then the British round.
    Be careful if you like a lot to drink the night before you leave the site. The Police will be on every single road out of there and they will have their breathalysers at the ready. I'm not sure if it's the same for car drivers but best not risk overdoing things.

4. Pilbs

Pilbs Street Fighter +

Hehe just passed that after the last night :whistle:

Beelady likes this.
  5. Eileen

Eileen Off Roader +

Indoor camping??? We are actually staying in a hotel about 40mins ride away, I'd love to go camping on the bike one day but I only just managed to get my clothes on the back haha

deano81 likes this.
  6. Pilbs

Pilbs Street Fighter +

The indoor camping is great - you can hire a pop-up tent and a bed roll (bit hard as it's full on concreate floor) - for about 20 Euro. It's perfect because you are basically on the track, secure parking for the bikes, showers/loos and you get wake up in the morning to sound of the bikes warming up in the paddock!!

Eileen, Beelady and Stars and Stripes like this.
  7. Vitesse45

Vitesse45 Street Fighter +

I'll be in Belgium that weekend :)

8. phil read

phil read World Superbike +

And the bus fare into town is free if Rossi wins:disco:

Beelady, BlackHornet and Pilbs like this.
  9. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

And we got free sweeties on the bus that night, too :)

Eileen, lammyR6 and phil read like this.
  10. Rosie

Rosie Sport Tourer +

No this year as I'm already committed but I fancy it next year.