1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Steve (late) Has Passed Away

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by wilburforce, Feb 18, 2017.

1. wilburforce

wilburforce Off Roader

Hi All,

I have heard the sad news that Steve (Late) has passed away. Steve had been suffering from depression for about 18 months.

A friend of Steve's, Lee is making arrangements for his funeral. Lee can be contacted on 07719 011256 if you wish to contact him.

Please feel free to let anybody who knew Steve know.

Julian

2. Blade rr6

Blade rr6 World Superbike +

Hi Julian,
    Thanks for forwarding my email to Maricia she got in contact with me today. I'm totally at a loss. He was a lovely chap, very quirky but that's one of the things i liked about him. He didn't seem well when i saw him in August/September but i brushed it off as his quirkyness. I contacted him at Christmas and the 8th of this month and didn't get a reply. Until the last few years i rode with Steve 3 or 4 times a week, stopping every hour for chats and about 10 fags and always ended our evening rides with a big fat kebab or burger!

RIP steve!!! Top fella!!!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Roadwart, MaDProFF, lammyR6 and 2 others like this.
  3. wilburforce

wilburforce Off Roader

No problem at all Matt.

Top fella as you say.

Yes, he was quirky which gave him character. When he didn't reply to my messages or said very little in reply to them, similar to you I just put it down to Steve being Steve.

MaDProFF and Blade rr6 like this.
  4. Blade rr6

How did you find out Julian? Through Maricia? Do you know when?
    Good to see you about Julian. Funnily enough lastime i saw Steve i was asking if he had heard from you.
    I take it your still riding?

wilburforce likes this.
  5. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

I have to say it is Very Very Sad, I rode with Steve quite a bit a couple of years ago, and had quite a few EU Trips with him even just the two of us, but he did suddenly put distance between us last year.
    I tried on many occasions to meet up with him, but he would not, it saddens me as I should have tried harder, I did not know his address other wise I would have gone around there.
    Steve was Great Company, many stories about his past as a Chef, and was always quite amusing when we were out having a meal :) being a chef of the highest regard, hence hard to please.
    He was always easy going with thought for other people to please them which I found on many trips.
    A Sad Day, will be missed by me for sure, and I know many others.
    SPAIN_2014_L2C1495.jpg SPAIN_2014_L2C1543.jpg

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  6. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

RIP late :(

He was one of the first guys I ever rode with from the Old forum, always good for a chat whenever he came out on a ride. Definitely a true character but a nice gent. He will be missed :cry:

7. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

This is so, so sad :(. A main memory I have is the laughter in Luxembourg over killer Irish coffee, creaky floorboards and "interesting" hotel food.
    RIP Steve.

8. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Very Sad news indeed! RIP Steve.

wilburforce and Blade rr6 like this.
  9. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

Very Sad News:(...while I didn't know Steve as well as other members, I too found Steve a quirky/interesting person.

As Brett mentioned he did pull away from SECB meets, which you have to respect, we do not in general, know the ins and outs of our riding friends lives.

While we all probably have stressful/low times, Depression is an awful illness.

RIP Steve

10. SuzuKeith

SuzuKeith World Superbike +

Very sad. RIP Steve

11. Blade rr6

Trackday with Steve 2011. Steve on his gsxr and me.

Attached Files:

12. wilburforce

wilburforce Off Roader

Through Maricia. I don't know when or have any further details, but said I'd let the people who knew Steve know where I still had contact details, etc. Seems like only yesterday that I last saw Steve .....

I'm still riding, but not as much as I used to which resulted in a lot of my bikes being sold.

Blade rr6 likes this.
  13. wilburforce

wilburforce Off Roader

Quite a few people tried to contact Steve but weren't getting through.

Good photos of Steve :)

14. Blade rr6

Thanks Julian. Hopefully we will catch up one day. Glad your still riding!

wilburforce likes this.
  15. wilburforce

wilburforce Off Roader

It would be good to catch up again. Got made redundant a couple of weeks ago, so I've got to find another job ......

16. Blade rr6

Sorry you've been made redundant Julian. Keep in touch.

17. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Ahh or were we in Germany? Hardly call them Irish Coffees, more like Irish Whiskeys with a dash of Coffee, dam near choked me, if I recall Steve drank them all :)

lammyR6 likes this.
  18. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

So sad to hear, Last time I saw steve was a while ago when I bought his bike trailer .Great guy, RIP Late .. :(

Blade rr6 likes this.
  19. Vitesse45

Vitesse45 Street Fighter +

so sorry to hear this, never met him
    R.I.P.Steve

Blade rr6 likes this.
  20. wilburforce

wilburforce Off Roader

The memorial service for Steve is on Friday 28th April at 11:20. It is being held at Charing Crematorium, New Court Wood, Charing, Ashford TN27 0EB

lammyR6 and deano81 like this.