1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

July Monthly Meet Thursday 7/7/16

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by Roadwart, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

A few members have been asking if we can have a monthly meet a bit further west & not on a Wednesday so this months meet will be on THURSDAY 7th July at

The Cross In Hand Inn
    Cross In Hand Road,
    Heathfield TN21 0SN

This is almost next to Groombridges, opposite the garage.

If attendees are happy with it, we may have the meet there instead of the Oak & Ivy on alternate months.

2. Rosie

Rosie Sport Tourer +

Sorry, I can't do this one as I'm working a late shift.

3. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

Thursday ? - oh cock... i'm in London that evening.:poop:

4. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Will try my best :thumbsup:

Tony29 likes this.
  5. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Thursday's my Running Club night, unfortunately. Boo!! :shrug: Let me know if the grub is good though :eat2:

6. Eileen

Eileen Off Roader +

Can't make it this month :( but will be a better location for me for another time!

lammyR6 likes this.
  7. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

On holiday

8. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

It's also the last Thursday late night for Wessons so some may head to that. I am not sure if I be out yet or not but will let you know tomorrow!

BlackHornet and Roadwart like this.
  9. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I'll be recovering from a days drinking in London, so I won't be there either.
    How many westerners are actually going?

10. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

It sounds like your trying to make a point...I think it just happens to be a day where it looks like a few people can't go no matter where it is held.
    I know that I requested a venue slightly more westward, but alas I also thought it was still on a Wednesday.

Russell likes this.
  11. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I tried to organise meets to suit the easterners, but they couldn't be bothered to suggest a venue!

12. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

well I've got baby sitter and am coming but am now wondering if any body else is ?

13. Jon Weston

Jon Weston Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

I can't - too much work on...

...overtime helps with the spending money for the SECB trip though...

14. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

If people can`t make it, its not the end of the world. A couple of people said they would like to make the meets but couldn`t make Weds. If the venue is OK, we were going to put forward the idea to alternate venues & days monthly.

Sue and I will be there tonight regardless.

15. lisa lou

lisa lou Race Rep +

see you there then :MC::)

megawatt and Roadwart like this.
  16. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

I have a friend coming to stay so it depends on what time they get here as to whether we will come or not. I will text to confirm one way or the other. At least you can sample the food and pave the way for the rest of us to descend on them another time :D. Just bad luck that this month seems to be a busy one for a lot of people.
    If it turns out Wed is better @hoppielimp then we can take that into account.

lisa lou and BlackHornet like this.
  17. BlackHornet

Will all depend on the traffic getting home. Couldn't get out of work early :( so it depends if rush hour is really an hour or more :thumbsdown:

lisa lou likes this.
  18. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

I would of gone.. doubt ill be back from work

19. RedRock

RedRock Street Fighter +

Not sure why you would hold the meeting to a couple of miles down the road from Wesson's on their late night opening?? Do you not want anyone to turn up? Or maybe you want to take business away form Wessons? :shrug:

20. BlackHornet

sorry just walked in the door :thumbsdown: won't make tonight now. Let us know of it's worth while :thumbsup:

I think it was just to try somewhere new, with tonight being the last late night at wessons not everyone may have been seated together, there was talk about going there this month but it just didn't happen .