1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Watch Out All You Lairy Anti-social Nuisance Lot 8p

Discussion in 'On the Road!' started by hoppielimp, May 20, 2015.

1. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

20th May 2015 - Sussex Police

Hastings police are actively targeting groups who are riding motorbikes in a dangerous and inconsiderate way on the roads of the town. Since April this year 39 complaints calls have been received. The areas with the highest number of complaints are the West St Leonards, Wishing Tree, Maze Hill and Baird wards.

The complaints are about groups riding motorbikes and motorcross bikes on pavements, riding in wooded areas and surrounding grassland and not wearing helmets.

Dylan Hollan, 22 from Watermill Drive, St Leonards pleaded guilty to three offences at Lewes Crown Court on Friday 17 May. The offences were; driving a motor vehicle dangerously, driving without third party insurance and driving a motor without a licence. He is due to appear back at court on Friday 19 June for sentencing. His bike was seized under the Section 59 of the Police Reform Act 2002, and was destroyed.

Sgt Chris Varrall of the Hastings Neighbourhood Police Team said: "I am warning the individuals who are part of these groups of riders that we have a list of your names and we will be making visits to homes to seize the identified motorbike or motorcross bikes. Dangerous driving will not be tolerated and is a menace to the local residents and other road users.

"We will use the legislation under Section 165 of the Road Traffic act and Section 59 of the Police Reform Act to tackle this problem. Section 59 warnings apply to both rider and the vehicle they are using, in this case bikes. The warning is in place for six months and if either the rider or bike are seen again riding in a way that causes alarm, harassment or distress and being ridden in a careless or dangerous manner or is being ridden off road - the bike will be seized and can be destroyed.

2. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Wasn't me officer :eek:. Honest :rolleyes:! Lol

But seriously, there are a few guys who come through the centre of town, frequently, at pretty ridiculous speeds with ridiculously loud cans. Not that I dislike a loud can, on the contrary - but talk about drawing attention to yourself when you are riding like a t**t in one of the most people congested areas. I have also seen some of them off their bikes and they are just as t**tish!! They definitely have little man syndrome - and I am not referring to height!

Shame that because of a few idiots there will be even more scrutiny by the police than there already is!

Eagle, deano81, MaDProFF and 2 others like this.
  3. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

It was him :think2:

4. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I think I met a few of these guys at the 1066 SCR meet a few weeks ago. Accidents waiting to happen.

5. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Whats a section 59 :( oh I thought it was in place for a year not 6 months?

6. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

I know these areas and the majority of the idiots are the numptys on scooters not us sensible people. The other lot around this area that does not get press coverage are the boy racers in their cars that practice donuts, hand brake turns etc through out the night! The biker thing is kind of tarring all bikers with the same brush when it is just down to a few of the local tw@ts.

Russell and lammyR6 like this.
  7. MrGreen

MrGreen Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

asking for it... drawing attention to yourself whilst going out without a license or insurance. Pure genius :phead:

8. Carl Berg

Carl Berg Sport Tourer +

We get the same thing around the Dartford area. Plod have stepped up their patrols to curb this situation & I don't blame people for complaining.