1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Cafe's and Meeting Places

Discussion in 'General Rideouts' started by Sporty1200, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

Well im at the American diner as we speak will give a review afterwards haha

Sporty1200 likes this.
  2. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

Pix Pleeeeeeeeeeez of ur dog, :thumbsup: (although you may be gone b4c u get this) :eat:

3. Les

Les British Superbike +

Is it just me or it a bit erotic to see the small black chicken strips in an adjoining pic to food.:rolleyes:

4. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

Had already taken a pic so you can see exactly what you get.

Well the food was great but the service was a tad slow so i wont judge on the service as they may of had a man down maybe just an off day or bad timing on our part turning up when they were at full stretch.
    Will be interesting to see how they cope once we all congregate there at some point (bagsie 1st in queue);)

soo my plan was to order the chilli dogs but as i saw a plate of burger and chips being prepared i had a sudden weakness and gave in to the temptation.
    1 plate of bacon hamburger and chips coming up altho the misses did choose the hotdog but non chilli and for your info the dog is an 8" brockhurst variety
    dont know about you guys but when i order food i like my eye to be full before my belly and i certainly was not disapointed the burger was top notch could not fault in anyway would definiately go again but hope it all happens that bit quicker than waiting around but as the saying goes, good things happen to those who wait....

oh and the onion rings were a side order :ron2:

[​IMG]

Sporty1200 likes this.
  5. Micky

Micky Commuter 500 +

oh forgot to mention that lot their with 2 milkshakes and a can of dr pepper came to a tad over £19

6. Sporty1200

Updated,, Newlands Corner cafe added.... :D

7. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

Aaargh...where has Sporty's Google list of Cafe's gone....the map is blank ?

8. Sporty1200

Thanks Gareth, good spot :thumbsup: Not sure whats happened here?? :( On 'My Maps' the privacy setting had changed from public to unlisted, i have changed it back to public but it still doesnt show the placemarks?? Maybe it will take a while for the Map system to update. :think1:. Ill check again later..

9. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Still blank here mate :(

10. Sporty1200

Have reported it to Google. I can see the map details when i log into 'my maps', but otherwise its blank for me too??
    I also get a 404 error when i look at the map while signed in... Google will get back to me and ill update.. :(

Roadwart likes this.
  11. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

Forgewood Barn Cafe, Sham Farm Road Danegate Tunbridge Wells Kent TN3 9JD
    Heading south from Tunbridge Wells on the A26, pass the Neville Crest & Gun on your left, as you drop down to the bottom of the hill Sham Farm Road is on the left, signposted to Rotherfield. Cafe is attached to campsite about one mile on the left. Nice food, and lovely homemade cakes served in a converted barn. Normal cafe seating with additional armchairs and sofas.

12. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Isn,t NCG on the right mate? Gonna try that place.

13. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

American Diner @ Rye. Opposite side of the Quay to the car park., Head on the A259 towards Hastings. Its past the garage and before the Rye Harbour Road.
    Basically a car showroom for American V8 muscle cars with a 1950's American themed cafe. +'s = Good Burger, Riverside terrace. - 's. Brekkie without sausages!
    Had a very positive welcome when visited with 6 other biker friends.

14. megawatt

Nice one Rob, I love v8 muscle cars.

15. Davetona

Davetona Sport Tourer +

Me too. I'll take a 55, 56 or 57 Chevy Bel Air ta.:thumbsup:

16. megawatt

Dodge Charger or Thunderbird for me.

17. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

18. Sporty1200

I have reported the missing map issue, 6 days ago now, below is a response..........
    Hi Sporty1200,

The Google Maps problem you reported has been escalated to the appropriate team. We don't have an immediate fix but are working hard for a resolution.

Report history
    Problem ID: C729-D661-77F9-B6F3

Your report:
    None of my placemarkers or info shows on my 'Public' maps when i am not signed in??????????
    --
    Thanks for your help,
    The Google Maps team

19. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Nice to see they are taking it seriously & not poo poo-ing it like some other big organisations would.

20. RetryRider

RetryRider Commuter 500 +