1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

My Old Chap

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by phil read, Nov 2, 2014.

1. phil read

phil read World Superbike +

[​IMG]
    I know it's A Triumph possibly A 350 any ideas?

2. Les

Les British Superbike +

Better than the old chap I was expecting:rolleyes: but no, I think Guzzi Rob might provide an answer. I thought it'd be bigger than a 350 with it being a twin...maybe 500?

phil read likes this.
  3. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

It could be a 350, possibly around 1939. The 500 wasn't made in that style until after the war. (I am quoting my Oracle here. I am useless at remembering stuff like this).

phil read likes this.
  4. GuzziRob

GuzziRob Race Rep +

Mmm. I believe the pre-war models had girder forks and the 350 was a single cylinder (T80 or 5H models?)
    This is more likely to be a 500 Speed Twin. (5T or T100). Almost certainly post war as it has telescopic front forks and a rigid? rear end. The lack of a nacelle on the forks would make its manufacture prior to 1949.