1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Martin's Bobber Project

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by Lightweight, Sep 27, 2014.

1. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I used an acid cleaner on my Blade engine. Came up great.

2. Lightweight

Lightweight Sport Tourer +

I'm just using a wire brush on a drill, will break out the dremel for the bits I can't get to

3. Lightweight

Still lots to do, but you see where I'm going with this back end...
    [​IMG]

4. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

:thumbsup: looking good so far

5. Lightweight

I started looking for white wall tyres today, but have noticed that I've got odd wheels (in several senses of the word!)
    I was told that they were from an 1100 Virago, along with the forks.
    This appears to be true for the front - it looks like one and has the right size tyre (100/90/19), but the back?
    Gawd knows!
    It's an 18" wheel with a 160/60/18 tyre which doesn't tie up with either the virago or the GPZ900 that supplied the engine - and I can't find that size in a white wall anywhere...

6. Lightweight

Incidentally, I went to the lock up and whipped the wheels off the KLR today - they're going to be sand-blasted so I can paint them to match the rest of the bike. The military don't use chrome rims....

7. Carnage

Carnage Race Rep +

Not very far ...youve not got a drive chain :giggle:

Beelady and BlackHornet like this.
  8. Lightweight

Sadly, that was one of the totally knackered bits, I've got it though so will try to match it up later on in the build. At the moment, the footpegs are my priority and then the exhaust....
    In any case, there's no sprocket on that wheel so wouldn't do me much good!

Panel Man and megawatt like this.