1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

The Gixxer Is Gone - Enter The Zed

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by ro06k5, May 3, 2014.

1. ro06k5

ro06k5 Sport Tourer +

I have had 16000 miles of fault free riding from it (apart from when I got knocked off), but after 3 years it was time to say :wave: to the GSXR. I will miss it - but my back and knees won't.

I pick this beastie up next weekend - always wanted one from the first time I saw one.

Attached Files:

Roadwart, JimG and lammyR6 like this.
  2. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Nice!!!! :)

3. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

yes very nice enjoy :)

4. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

it's the wrong colour :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    but besides that a nice looking bike and have great reviews so I am sure you will love it. Let us know if it lives up to the reviews :thumbsup:

5. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

I Like that, the white and orange I have not seen before, and look forward to seeing the bike close up :thumbsup:

6. ro06k5

ro06k5 Sport Tourer +

I will have to get out one day on a ride. I prefer it to the black personsally

7. hairy frog

hairy frog Learner

Nice ride I like that...

8. ro06k5

ro06k5 Sport Tourer +

Here's a couple of pics of the new bike on the driveway.

[​IMG][​IMG]

The wiring on the ground is the HID kit off of my GSXR. Going to try to fit it though there's not much room for the ballast behind that screen!!

9. ro06k5

ro06k5 Sport Tourer +

Didn't realise it had been over 2 years since I last posted on here TBH I sort of gave up on the internet....

I got rid of the Z1000 in March this year; my mate bought a new bike (KTM Duke 690) and as he had got a new bike I thought I should get one too. So I got a decent p/ex offer and got myself a new bike. To be honest I wished I hadn't. The bike shop had an 2014 MT09 which was the same price as a 2013 Triumph Street Triple R but I did the reading up and the fact the suspension was suppsedly shite and the throttle was twitchier than a rabbits nose on the MT09 put me off. So off I rode on the Triumph. 3 weeks later he sold his Duke. The Triomph was the worst bike I had ever owned; I will never buy British again. The engine was very noisy and tappy - turned out the valves needed doing which would cost nearly £600 at a Triumph garage. The CCT seized and was replaced under warranty. The exhaust header cross pipe welds needed rewelding as they were failing. Time to get rid!!!!

Anyway, one day I was looking on the net at other bikes and I saw a Duke 690R and an MT09; Yes, I know I was put off getting one before.... Went to look at them and took them out for a test ride. Nice bike, but the single cylinder just didn't do it for me. Back to the garage and onto the MT09. After remembering what I had read before I set off thinking I would crash into the nearest barrier. Well, you should never believe what you read - the bike was AMAZING!!!! Suspension was very soft and bouncy, but a quick fiddle with the suspension improved that. The throttle was like a very sensitive on-off switch. Removed some slack (in fact ALL of the slack) - much improved. Played with the mode switch; bloody hell, in 'A' mode it took off like it was lauched from a catapult. I got a right buzz from it.

After half an hour it was back to the bike shop, got a good trade in offer for the Street Triple, and a week later the MT09 was in my garage.

Attached Files:

Eagle, lammyR6 and Stars and Stripes like this.
  10. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

I have to say I like the MT09 a lot but not tried one yet

11. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Good news you are still biking, welcome back :thumbsup: