1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Friday Beers & Food 28/2/14

Discussion in 'Non bike Related Events' started by Roadwart, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Panelman & Myself are going out for a few bevvies this coming Friday & as we both like Real Ale, we have decided to frequent the Alma Arms Pub in Uckfield. I`ve not been in this pub for about 20 years so have no idea what its like these days but nothing ventured nothing gained. They DO serve food so we plan on being at the pub around 7:30 for a bit of food & will probably stay til the best part of closing time (well that`s when I`m booking our cab back for).

Anyone else up for it?

Panel Man and BlackHornet like this.
  2. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

I'd be up for food, beer and good company. It's the drive home I couldn't manage!!!

3. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Been there a couple of times but always out back in the function room, think it's like an average local now. Will have a wander down to join you guys about 7:30.

Roadwart likes this.
  4. Roadwart

Cheers for the feedback Russell. Will be good if you can join us. :thumbsup:

5. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Bump! Anyone else fancy joing us - even for a swift pint?

6. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

i'm working Saturday so it's unlikely but you never know i might pop in for one.

Panel Man likes this.
  7. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

I have a Badminton match, so no for me, on a different note, I go to the Chequers a lot these days since it has changed for a Marco White, could be an ideal place for a xmas meal, food ok, food well priced (2 quite large meals for £10-00 if times are hard) and loads of variations, it is a really nice place to sit in and chill out, easy to get to, loads of parking, and it is a hotel so can stay the night :)

megawatt likes this.
  8. Panel Man

I'm trying to imagine what it's like in one of his restaurants. Do they use his horrible Knorr cook-in sauces? Do they shout at you repeatedly until you order correctly and brandish kitchen knives if you reach for the condiments?

megawatt likes this.
  9. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

Panel Man, never went in there when it was owned and ran by Marco White, A few Locals refused to go in there, he eventually went broke, and sold it up to Greene King, but Green King have a more upmarket company Old English Inns, that deal with their Hotels etc. The Food is very cheap, hence why I said it was ok in general, but have had some quite good meals there over the last few months. https://www.oldenglishinns.co.uk/our-locations/hotels-in-east-sussex-the-chequers

10. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Sorry guys feeling knackered so going to skip tonight.

11. Roadwart

Russell, Shame you missed out on a good night. Panelman, GaryA & Nikki, Lost, Shrimpee & myself had a good night by all accounts. Shame a few more of you didn`t make it but I`m sure there`ll be another one before we hit the main riding season :)

Panel Man likes this.
  12. lost

lost Samsung leaflet fetishist +

great to see you all tonight and plenty of laughs and the food was good as well:D

Panel Man and Roadwart like this.
  13. Panel Man

Well done RW for organising. (Or was it Sue..?). Great fun and very relaxing. The treacle pie afterwards was very decent indeed. Happy Panel man!

lost and Roadwart like this.