1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Tank Bags ... (is That Clothing ... Clothes For The Bike :\ )

Discussion in 'Clothing' started by pedrocbf, Jan 17, 2014.

1. pedrocbf

pedrocbf Commuter 500 +

Hey dudes and dudettes :)

Im wondering what recommendations you can give for tank bags .. small and nimble something that woul dfit my cbf ... or some pani's that would perhaps lay across the pillion seat somehow ?

ideas ? :) thankies :D

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

is it a metal or plastic tank on your bike ?

maybe a top box would be easier?

3. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

I've got a small magnetic tank bag for short trips etc and then a set of throw over panniers and a tail pack for longer journeys. I guess it all depends on what you need it for.

rbl10 likes this.
  4. phil read

phil read World Superbike +

The other half has a small Givi top box on her CBF 125 just takes 1 helmet quite handy.

5. rbl10

rbl10 125 +

Am sure top boxes are useful but always think they look terrible, like the idea of throw over panniers though.

pedrocbf likes this.
  6. Patyogi

Patyogi Street Fighter +

When you are travelling a lot of miles you stick just about everything that can hold bits, Germany 2013.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Reets shoes are in the very top box bag.

Panel Man likes this.
  7. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

A lot does depend on how long you are going for. I`ve always managed with panniers & rack for a weekends camping for 2. The less room you have, the more you think about what you REALLY need to take.

8. pedrocbf

pedrocbf Commuter 500 +

My tank is metal ... I like the idea of panniers because I love weekend fishing and it could hold my gear. Top boxes on 125 I think in high winds isn't a great idea ... maybe I'm wrong but surely that has to affect the stability ?

9. phil read

Never had a problem top boxes and stability the only problem I've had was with a cheap Chinese one, I forgot it was there and went A bit quick and it exploded into lots of bits. I only have it on the bike when I need it now.

pedrocbf and Roadwart like this.
  10. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Thats a good point there Phil. Mines designed specifically for the bike by BMW & they say to not ride faster than 110mph with it fitted :D

phil read likes this.
  11. phil read

I think on my Sprint with panniers on It's something like 120 k. The box flew off A gpz 500 I bet the boy racers in the saxo I was overtaking had a fright, worst thing was I lost my tuna and mayo sandwiches.

Roadwart likes this.
  12. pedrocbf

pedrocbf Commuter 500 +

Tuna and mayo .... noooooooooooo

phil read likes this.
  13. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Cheap magnetic tankbag from Aldi or Lidl, £16. Panniers , soft with wide belt, eBay . No need for topbox , but fit a rack for tent etc.

pedrocbf likes this.
  14. Patyogi

Patyogi Street Fighter +

Topbox .....Oh yes there is, if you gotta sig. other alf, pillion. If you gotta take a load of stuff get a decent big touring bike ... oh yeah got that, did a week across top of Germany sometimes at over 120mph, especially when we had to turn back.
    Main thing when touring a lot of miles, fettle a machine for the job, much more comfortable.

15. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

So the rest of her goes in a side pannier? Poor lady! Couldn't she at least sit on top of them? Honestly! You yogic guys...

lammyR6 likes this.
  16. Patyogi

Patyogi Street Fighter +

Would have said yes before Xmas now it would be a struggle.....:pcake: I'm outa here.

phil read likes this.
  17. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Best you are. You,re in trouble now!!!

18. pedrocbf

pedrocbf Commuter 500 +

19. pedrocbf

pedrocbf Commuter 500 +

Also mega I checked out the lidi tank bag there only avaliable occasionally so I've got to keep my eyes peeled on the lidl website apparently haha

20. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +