1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Any Ideas ? ? ?

Discussion in 'Gallery' started by pedrocbf, Jan 15, 2014.

1. pedrocbf

pedrocbf Commuter 500 +

Hey guys ... any ideas what this could be ?
    $_12.jpg

2. pedrocbf

pedrocbf Commuter 500 +

@megawatt @BlackHornet @Roadwart ... Maybe you guys can help decript it ... it was a barn find no plate keys nothing ... i think it says yamaha on the engine there... but not sure what model or cc ... was thinking maybe a DS6 or an RD but i havent a clue... however its cheap as chips and im thinking of a bob project with it but if shes a original id restore it. Just havent a clue what "IT" is aha :)

3. pedrocbf

pedrocbf Commuter 500 +

HA ... think ive cracked it Yamaha Rs100 :) have a look on google they look almost exact :)

4. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Unless you,ve got a lot of time and money, I wouldn't bother Pete. Does it start, move? What are the forks, brakes, bearings like?.

5. alexs

alexs World Superbike +

Personally I'd close the barn door and let someone else find it ;)

megawatt likes this.
  6. Les

Les British Superbike +

I've sometimes thought about a project car/bike but am realistic enough to know my limits ( both mechanical & boredom), so agree with Smeg & Alex. That particular bike wouldn't be hard to fix up but time & frustration would rule it out for me as even if all went well I reckon you'd soon get bored with the finished bikes limits, I know I would anyway. Lol

7. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

me I say go for it. as long as it's cheap even if you don't manage to finish it you will learn a lot on the way :thumbsup:

8. pedrocbf

pedrocbf Commuter 500 +

Money yes ... time not so much haha, fair enough, i was looking at it as it was so cheap first off. i mean its on sale for 20 quid... what can i lose (except 20 quid) haha.
    I asked on here as you guys know your stuff and i was curious to see what bike it was, not sure im even going to buy it but identity wise would have bugged me haha.

9. megawatt

May be worth 20quid and sell parts or whole bike after tidy up. You need time for a restoration.

10. pedrocbf

pedrocbf Commuter 500 +

Well this or was my point even if it didnt get done fully, parts wise its got to be worth 20 quid

BlackHornet likes this.
  11. megawatt

Got any more info. Has anyone turned engine over as I wouldn,t recommend it without removing cylinder head first?

12. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

it's easily worth more than that in parts. you only have to search ebay to see that even a side casing goes for more than £20.00

13. pedrocbf

pedrocbf Commuter 500 +

Its a non runner im due to go and have a look at it sunday, so ill know more then :)

14. Blade rr6

Blade rr6 World Superbike +

Is it a 6 month old Triumph?:giggle:

15. megawatt

Where is it?

16. pedrocbf

pedrocbf Commuter 500 +

Ashford Alan. Sorry didn't call bud I conked out haha

17. megawatt

Call now?