1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

What Made Me Smile today ...........................????

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Yoda, Jul 14, 2011.

1. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Awww he's a good lad. So glad you're able to read now. Great about the Kwaka :D

2. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

Amazing news! I'm allowed to drive again, at last. :mdance:

I never got the hang of the one eye thing but as all my appointments were cancelled I got fed up with not improving and started to try and use both eyes together again. I was told it wasn't really possible but once lockdown started I began to work really hard at it and it seems magic has happened, despite all the warnings that I shouldn't expect a good outcome.
    Now people keep looking at me and telling me you'd never know it happened. Nobody official expected I would fully recover and it will be four years before I can be sure there's no after effects to worry about, but I'll take that :)

The lovely messages you all sent, the visits and the goodies all helped fire my determination and made me want to keep trying, so thanks everyone xx

No bike riding yet, but once I'm comfortable driving and I've got enough strength back I'm looking forward to having a go again. Happy, happy me!

Roadwart, Tomasbe, MaDProFF and 6 others like this.
  3. lammyR6

:bounce::Mdance:
    Woo hoo :D! Am so chuffed for you Emma. I'm amazed and so impressed at how far you've come since Jan. If I ever need a lesson in determination it'll be with you! Xx

phil read, Eagle, Beelady and 2 others like this.
  4. SuzuKeith

SuzuKeith World Superbike +

Well done really great news :thumbsup::thumbsup:

lammyR6 and Beelady like this.
  5. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Fantastic news Emma! :)

6. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Great news Emma! :mdance:

7. SuzuKeith

SuzuKeith World Superbike +

It has been months and months since I have gone for ride out, so my brother and I went for little pootle over to Hawkhurst fish farm via Tenterden. Had very nice sausage/bacon bap and coffee, came back via Cranbrook, Pluckley and Charing. A most enjoyable little ride :):disco:

8. Beelady

A visit from Leila and Mikey, to remove the flat rear wheel from the ER5 for me and a sit down for coffee and cookies in the garden. :)

I took the wheel off to Watling Tyres in Ashford (got lucky with a parking space right in front of the shop) and they took it out of the car, checked it over, repaired the perished valve that was causing the problem and even put it back in the car for me. All I had to do was sit and watch the tyre fitter at work from a comfy chair in reception.
    When I went to the counter to pay they said no charge, which was amazing as the tyre had to come off and there was just as much work as an ordinary puncture repair. The manager said just give the fitter a tip for a drink. I was happy to do that for him.
    What nice people.

Roadwart, lammyR6, SuzuKeith and 6 others like this.
  9. phil read

phil read World Superbike +

So you still have the winners fitted, those tyres have done well.

lammyR6 and BlackHornet like this.
  10. Beelady

Yes. It wouldn't go half as well without Winners on. :)

BlackHornet and lammyR6 like this.
  11. Conrad

Conrad Street Fighter +

12. Beelady

First time back on a bike today! Just few miles but I enjoyed myself. I managed to get the ER5 out and then put away safely afterwards, which was the hardest bit so I'm very happy.
    It cheered me up so much that I've insured the Street Triple for 1st September. I think I'll be ready for it by then :)

Roadwart, SuzuKeith, Tony and 6 others like this.
  13. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

excellent news :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D amazing that you have already got on a bike :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::bike::bike::bike::bike::bike:

14. Stars and Stripes

Stars and Stripes Secret prototype + Site Supporter

Replaced my pile of ashes that was my SP1 with this, another subtle unassuming bike RSV 13.jpg

Tomasbe, Fergy, Roadwart and 4 others like this.
  15. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

Wow ok that's nice :)
    Best bring it out this weekend so I can have a better look

lammyR6 and Stars and Stripes like this.
  16. Mikey

Mikey Street Fighter +

OOo me likey very much, another ape to the nest, happy to ride it home for you just to test it’s better than mine of course, look forward to swapping it for spares I mean seeing it :rubhands:

17. Stars and Stripes

Unfortunately at the moment its in yorkshire (making its way to me for next week)

18. Stars and Stripes

Its definitely not better than yours Mikey , just has more Bling! and as you know i like a bit of bling, I still have my Tuono project (in bits) for extra spares if you need any?

BlackHornet likes this.
  19. lammyR6

Wooo hooo. Love it!!

Stars and Stripes likes this.
  20. Beelady

Ooh! Blingy! I like it. :)

Stars and Stripes likes this.