1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

What Made Me Smile today ...........................????

Discussion in 'Main Forum' started by Yoda, Jul 14, 2011.

1. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

Ditto....First time out today for months and absolutely bloody loved it....

lammyR6 and BlackHornet like this.
  2. Tomasbe

Tomasbe Custom cruiser +

Cob webs & rust on break discs got rid of (it's been a while :whistle:). I was a bit surprised how little traffic there was after 3pm, although still, some drivers needed reminding the biking season has started and paying more attention wouldn't go amiss :eek:. Overall, it's been nice to be on 2wheels again.

Eagle, BlackHornet and Blade rr6 like this.
  3. Blade rr6

Blade rr6 World Superbike +

[QUOTE="Tomasbe, post: 80820, member: I was a bit surprised how little traffic there was after 3pm.

Football was on = Less wa*kers on the road as football and wa*kers tend to go hand in hand. The ones not paying attention must have been the football wa*nkers rushing home to watch it.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    Eagle and BlackHornet like this.
  4. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

I love football :)

5. Blade rr6

I rest my case :p

Anyway you've been spotted refereeing in the premier league :ner:

Attached Files:

lammyR6 and Tony like this.
  6. MaDProFF

MaDProFF World Superbike +

I have been spotted playing in the Premier league to :p

Tomasbe likes this.
  7. Blade rr6

Good on the guardsman:thumbsup:

Roadwart, BlackHornet and Beelady like this.
  8. SuzuKeith

SuzuKeith World Superbike +

Went for ride in this glorious weather today, had real smile between Ashford and Hamstreet when cars were stopping and pulling over for me :). Some car drivers can be nice, although maybe more to do with ambulance in front of me with his blues and two`s going :shrug:

9. phil read

phil read World Superbike +

We're on holiday in Somerset and got chatting to A couple of lady bikers, they have both just passed their test's. One was 75 year's old and the other was 79! :rubhands:

Eagle, Beelady, Tony and 5 others like this.
  10. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

Bike now has mot and tax and I went on my first proper bimble in almost 2 years so well chuffed with that :disco:.. Need to tinker with it as running alittle rough but otherwise all good :D

hoppielimp, Eagle, Panel Man and 7 others like this.
  11. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

That's great news Deano!

12. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Riding the bike into work today :)

13. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Having a play on an R1200RS. I've got to say, had I not been used to the K series engines, I would seriously consider getting one.

Panel Man likes this.
  14. Beelady

Beelady British Superbike +

Seeing Megawatt before meeting some members of the Street Triple forum at the 1066 this morning. I joined them for a short part of their day long Southern tour. What a treat, listening to all those Striples together and always nice to get to meet new people and have a chat over a meal. We ended up at Lydd Airport for lunch where the service was mostly friendly and the food was good. Part of the tour took in the cobbles of Mermaid Street which was an interesting route. Luckily I was at the back and had a good view of the fun. Nobody fell off which was just as well because I didn't fancy stopping before I reached the bottom. Quite enough excitement for one day.

james port and deano81 like this.
  15. Beelady

A nice sunny ride to the 1066 where they managed to cook a really tasty omelette for my lunch. Spent a lazy couple of hours with Accessengineer, Phil and Mrs Read, watching bikes coming and going and also got to meet Lisa Lou, which was nice as well. Much, much, much more fun then being at work :)

Eagle, deano81 and BlackHornet like this.
  16. Beelady

Watching Accessengineer packing his bag, ready to set off on his American tour tomorrow. He's going with a friend and they're hiring Indian Chieftains and spending a few days riding round southern Florida. They're both too excited to sleep tonight so I'm happy they're catching an early flight.
    I am staying at home and looking forward to going straight off to a Triumph rally early next month. Amazing how easy it is to get house sitters now I've moved the bees to an out apiary. Nobody fancied keeping an eye on them when we wanted holidays away :unsure:

Eagle, Pilbs, phil read and 3 others like this.
  17. Beelady

My second hand engine covers had been delivered while I was out playing this morning. I wanted genuine Triumph ones as I've read that R&G and one other make have left scratches on the original covers and the Triumph ones are the best possible fit. New, they cost £135 for the set of three. I paid £80 and the covers look like new so I'm very happy with that price. Always a risk, only seeing a photo before buying but it seems most bikers are very honest and so far I've never been let down.
    I like hunting for bargains. Makes me feel all warm and happy if I can save a few quid.

Eagle, lisa lou and phil read like this.
  18. phil read

phil read World Superbike +

I would imagine that humungus slice of cake, also made you warm and happy:cake:

lisa lou likes this.
  19. Beelady

That cake was so big I could have tunnelled in and lived in it. Best carrot cake I've had for a long time :)

lammyR6 likes this.
  20. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Ooh where, where??!