1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Sad day

Discussion in 'SECB Track Days' started by ninjabob, Oct 6, 2013.

1. ninjabob

ninjabob Street Fighter +

Sad day

From No Limits Trackdays FB page...

Update, Ref; Oulton Park incident today.

I have just been officially informed of a update. Its with the deepest of sorrows, No Limits Trackdays are tasked with the duty to confirm that the incident involving 5 bikes at Oulton Park has resulted in the death of one of our customers.
    A further two riders are critical but not thought to be life threatening. One of the riders is undergoing an operation now. I will keep this subject updated.

2 dudes came over the hill and collided and wiped out.
    3 dudes came round the blind corner and went into them.

1 died, 1 serious spinal injury, 2 critical, 1 minor injuries.
    [​IMG]

2. NAPA121

NAPA121 Secret prototype +

Flippin eck :eek:

Sad indeed

RIP

3. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

i heard about this yesterday. Does make you think but i think we have had a few people not make it after some of the days we have been at too.

Hopefully the 4 people who made it will recover quickly.

4. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

Really sad news. Always a gut wrencher to hear about fallen riders. I hope the rest make a good recovery. Thoughts go out to the family and friends of the rider who lost his life.

5. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

ditto the above comments
    there is more info on the track day riders forum and post from the deceased guys brother

6. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

Very sad :-( I am wondering if some rules will be changed after this :-( No Flag Marshalls so those poor guys had no knowledge what was round the corner - hope the critical two pull through fine .You prob all red it but latest *so far* Its with the deepest of sorrows, No Limits Trackdays are tasked with the duty to confirm that the incident involving 5 bikes at Oulton Park has resulted in the death of one of our customers.
    A further two riders are critical but not thought to be life threatening. One of the riders is undergoing an operation now. I will keep this subject updated.

We offer the family and friends of the deceased rider our sincere condolences. Please accept our most heartfelt sympathies for your loss…our thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

(please refrain from posting speculations as this is now in the hands of the authorities and is an ongoing H&S executive and Police investigation, Again, apologies for customers inconvenienced today when we had to cancel the remainder of the trackday)