1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Hot Frame?

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by Fergy, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Just had my bike (GSXR 600 1998) serviced but now I have noticed that frame gets really hot, is this normal? The thing is I have never noticed it before and now am wondering if it is normal?

2. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Which part of the frame get's hot. Could be near the reg/rec. Doesn't have an underseat exhaust does it ?

3. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Normal exhaust and the frame section under the tank. I have had a look on a GSXR forum and they all reckon its normal accross sports bikes but like I say I have never noticed it before

4. hoppielimp

hoppielimp Fair Weather Rider +

You shouldn't ride naked...

_Yappa_ and deano81 like this.
  5. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

Never had a hot frame on my Blade? see what's touching the frame near the hot bit ?

6. Fergy

Fergy Secret prototype +

Its the whole thing not just one spot.