1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Kent Air Ambulance Run 22/7/2012

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by Roadwart, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

As you are aware, this years KAA run was exceptionally successful for a first go, so yet again, Thank you everyone. Just before he left, Jim asked if I was interested in arranging another for next year. Well, as he asked so nicely it would be rude not to so I will be liasing with both Jim & KAA in organising next years run.

This time I will be looking for a bigger parking area for us to start from as it was a tad chaotic trying to get all our bikes out of Rye & I will most likely collect the majority of the donation money before hand, so I can arrange a "Big Cheque" to present at the KAA for some better photo opportunities to raise the profile of not just the group but of bikers in general. I appreciate that with doing this could create problems in keeping track of who has donated & who has turned up on the day so will most likely be using a wristband system this year a la Wootten Bassett. This will also give the participants a little momento of the day to take home.

So, suggestions for a start point & routes will be most welcome.

2. Roughie

Roughie Street Fighter +

There are plenty of places with a large car park, Blue boys cafe - 1066 cafe - Rykers AKA Boxhill - Newlands Corner.

It may be an idea to get some flyers made up and get them delivered around and about at bikers meeting points

3. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

maybe a few smaller meets at various places then meeting as one big group only 10m or so miles away to converge on mass :rolleyes:

4. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

I agree with Tom, not sure where would be best to meet close up for the final ride but would be more than happy to lead one of the smaller ones to wherever is chosen.

5. Roadwart

A few smaller meeting places was mentioned before but then I personally think it would lose the impact of it being a noticeable charity ride. The KAA covers both Kent & Sussex so I think we should make sure a good proportion of both counties get the chance to see a good number of bikes & bikers doing something for charity en mass.

I have already had the offer of a good sized starting point complete with tea making & toilet facilities from a member in here (Thanks again for the Tony!) Suffice to say, things are already starting to move on this thanks to Jim & once he has the open day date from KAA & one other piece of info, we can start the preparations properly.

6. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

will be happy to do this again, can pre meet at Hs

7. Roadwart

Thanks Ram, as soon as we have a firm date we can then sort out meetings places & times etc.

8. Tony

Tony Moderator Staff Member Moderator +

Offer still stands if required :secbr:

9. Roadwart

Thanks Tony. Once we know dates I`ll be back in touch so we can get things moving :thumbsup:

Russell likes this.
  10. Roadwart

OK guys & gals. Good & bad news regarding this.

Good news is we now have a (provisional) date.

The bad news is that its penned in for 22/7/12 which is the same Sunday as BSB @ Brands Hatch.

Obviously I`ll still be going to Brands but I`ll be coming home Saturday.

11. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

It's in my diary... :)

Roadwart likes this.
  12. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

S'allright RW,,,,,, this one seems to be in another year so wont affect 2012 BSB at Brands. :rofl2: :poke:

13. Roadwart

Whatchootalkingabout Willis? ;)

14. Sporty1200

:p
    error.JPG

Hanna and Roadwart like this.
  15. Sporty1200

Willis?? Are you suggesting i shave my head? :D

16. Roadwart

OK, I`ve been busted. :D

17. Roadwart

We are going to do things a little different this year based on the experience of last years run. I seriously wasn`t expecting the amount of participants & was quite unprepared for that amount of bikes that kindly gave up their time & cash for this. This years route will be a bit longer than last years & as such I will be looking for people to help out on the day such as corner marking & sweeping in anyone who does manage to get separated. Hopefully there won`t be any as the corner markers will be issued with a "SECBikers KAA" Hi-viz vests.

Route is still undecided yet but will most likely start at Hailsham (Thanks Tony :thumbsup:) & there will be a stop en route at Paddock Wood Fire Station (Thanks Jim :thumbsup:) so that participants can have a brew, natter, leg stretch in more spacious & much safer surroundings than we had last year. We will then have another ride ending up at the KAA headquarters in Marden for the donation hand over.

It`ll still be £10 a bike & £5 per pillion but we are going to try to collect as many donations as we can beforehand (cheque/paypal etc) so we can get one of those HUGE promotional cheques made up. I appreciate that not everyone can pre-pay a donation so obviously cash will be accepted on the day but it minimises the amount of cash being carried. I`m also looking at the possibility of having some wristbands made up so we have a record of prepayment & as a little momento for participants to keep. We raised £550 last year & we have already raised a good amount towards this one before a wheel has even turned, thanks to JimG & Dawn (Jims better half) donating the money raised at the BBQ they hosted last year. :TY:

As things progress, I`ll post further updates in this thread.

Panel Man likes this.
  18. Finchy

Finchy Guest

Count me in RW. Happy to volunteer to play sweeper / corner marshal etc. Just let me know how I can help nearer the time (but sorry - I'm not carrying a massive promotional cheque unless it's made payable to me).

Roadwart likes this.
  19. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

Me too. But I'll need to practise the route beforehand ;)

Roadwart likes this.
  20. Roadwart

Don`t worry, assuming my mate hasn`t moved house, He`s said that he would happily bring that down for us in his car.

You & me both Richard ;) Once the route is decided, I`ll get a direction sheet made up to hand out to those that want one.