1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Christmas Do, Saturday 15th Dec, Oak & Ivy, Hawkhurst A268(menu Page 8)

Discussion in 'Non bike Related Events' started by megawatt, Oct 11, 2012.

1. megawatt

megawatt World Superbike +

OK peeps, have a think where you want to go and when. Dates not suitable so far are December 1st, 2nd, and 7th to 14th. Oh and how much is too much and where is too far. You won't necessarily get what you want, but it may make you feel better ???

2. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

will do my best to make it whenever and where ever

3. lammyR6

lammyR6 Moderator Staff Member Moderator + Site Supporter

If it's a weekend I don't mind travelling a bit further than usual as long as there are reasonably priced places to stay overnight. I am out of country from 23rd to 31st December but other than that any other dates are fine. I liked where we had Yappa's do in T.Wells. Easy London access by train etc but I know it is quite a hike for those East of Ashford.

4. megawatt

If we get many sugestions from the easterners we could gravitate that way???

5. _Yappa_

_Yappa_ Official SECB representative down under. +

6. megawatt

Thankyou Rachelle.

7. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

ashford is pretty central should there be enough interest from that side of kent... as for me as long as its 30 mins or less away then il be up for it, but dont want to travel too far as will have a few week old nipper at that point and want to be able to get home quickish should i need to.

_Yappa_ likes this.
  8. Les

Les British Superbike +

So are we looking at somewhere central, between the 14-22nd Dec? I've spoken to Alan about this & (being pretty much free) am happy to help him sort something. I'm guessing a weekend will suit most of you tax payers, so it's Sat 15th or Fri 21st. If a weekday works better in that period, just pick one. Any thoughts?

9. BlackHornet

just pick 3 or 4 days and put it to a vote the most votes wins :D otherwise you will spend weeks getting given different dates :giggle:

10. Les

Les British Superbike +

I'll await Smeg's reply as I don't want to step on his little toes.

11. megawatt

With you all the way on this Les (bian).

12. Les

Les British Superbike +

How does everyone feel about either Sat the 15th Dec or Fri the 21st for an evening Christmas dinner? Depending where the most answers come from we could head that way but after a squint at a map, Tun Wells area looks the most central...unless you tell us different.
    Could leave this up for say a week to see everyone's input?:thumbsup:

13. megawatt

Either is good for me, but would probs lean towards Saturday 15th. You gonna checkout The Bull soon Les? Any other date/venue sugestions gratefully received?

14. BlackHornet

Les likes this.
  15. deano81

deano81 Secret prototype +

i'd say tenterden/smarden area was more central than tunbridge if you were to say people furthest west were uckfield was and furthest east margate/ramsgate... :D

JimG likes this.
  16. Les

Les British Superbike +

Now that Sat the 15th around the Tun Wells area seems generally accepted, we need to know approximate figures to be sure they can cater for us. Allowing for any necessary late cancellations/additions can we please have a list of names so we can start looking for venues?
    So far I've only contacted The Bull at Frant which is unknown to me but seems to have a good reputation (unless you know otherwise), is 1 mile from Tun Wells station, can cater for up to 50 & is wheelchair friendly.
    Any other suggestions at this stage will be most welcome, especially if you know they can cater for a large group & serve decent food in a good atmosphere.
    I agree that R1 did an excellent job last year & hope she can get to this one.
    Would a mod please put a suitable heading on this thread title inc the 15th Dec.:)

_Yappa_ and GixxerGilly like this.
  17. Les

Les British Superbike +

Oh yes, if anyone knows how to temp some of the more recent newbies to this...:thumbsup:

18. Garya

Garya World Superbike +

you can count me and swmbo in

19. megawatt

Perhaps Roadwart, or a Mod, could eMail everyone once we pick a venue, especially those that aren't posting? Loadsa newbies that NEVER post ???

kitten_art, _Yappa_ and BlackHornet like this.
  20. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

The never posting newbies get deleted after 14 days if they still have 0 posts mate.

_Yappa_ and GixxerGilly like this.