1. You are currently not signed in. If you are already a registered user Please log in to get the full benefit from this site. If not, why not register and gain full access to our wonderful forums, view topics, make posts, and more! So if your not already a user, you can register by simply clicking the button to the right of this notice.

Kent Air Ambulance run 24/7/2011

Discussion in 'Biker events' started by Roadwart, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Panel Man

Panel Man Secret prototype +

IMG00399.jpg IMG00400.jpg IMG00402.jpg IMG00403.jpg IMG00404.jpg
    Not having been on my bike for ages, I really, really enjoyed today. The :sun1:shone; I didn't lose sight of the bike in front of me; my bike remained upright even though parked on hot tarmac so the stand sunk in [ahem] and I found my way back home again, unaided. :c9:

Here are some :photo:of the excellent turn-out*. Shame about the abilities of the snapper :dunce:. Very well done to RW for organising and choosing a neat route :respekt:. I'd like to ride that again, by myself. I enjoyed meeting a couple of new (to me) faces - MouseMat and Roughie and Lost and bantering with some existing friends.

Me happy!
    *Major thanks to RW for figuring how I can upload these pics!

Roadwart, arai, Ducky and 2 others like this.
  2. LATE

LATE Street Fighter +

top day:) well done to all those that organised it

Roadwart likes this.
  3. Les

Les British Superbike +

A bit late I know but if someone can put a tenner in for me I'll repay you. No really.

4. Blade rr6

Blade rr6 World Superbike +

Thanks Paul for sorting twoz a good day:thumbsup:

Roadwart likes this.
  5. Gazza1

Gazza1 Guest

what can i say great company great day out speacial thanks to rw yoda and the moderators for sorting a great day out and best of all for charity :disco:

Roadwart and Yoda like this.
  6. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

I overheard the KAA organiser talking to one of her fellow organisers, she said............... "I 've just been over there with all those bikers that just arrived, what a wonderful bunch of people they are, they've just given me over £500! They're fantastic I almost started crying!" (I suspect the crying bit may have been because of the state of Tom's bike!) :D:rofl:

Well done guys, and I would also point out what a brilliant ride up there, 60 or so bikers and the only ones that got lost were Amber cos she ran out of petrol and me (the back marker), I actually watched Roughie and Hanna drive straight on (shaking my head in disbelief at their stupidity) as I turned right at a set of lights following the BSA owners club who had somehow infiltrated our procession without me noticing, the sneaky buggers! DOH!:rolleyes:
    :10:
    Jim

7. arai

arai Guest

Brilliant turn out, makes you proud to be a member.

Roadwart likes this.
  8. BlackHornet

BlackHornet Look before you turn Staff Member Moderator +

great day

thanks to everyone who helped make it a great day. Special thanks to Roadwart who worked hard sorting the ride out, all at the same time as getting SEC up and running :thumbsup:.
    Thanks to Jim for being the back marker and making sure everyone did get there :)
    and to RW's friends for supply the ground to park up, re-group, refresh and collect the money.

:cash: and what a nice amount to hand over :respekt:

Roadwart, hoppielimp and J'05'H like this.
  9. Yoda

Yoda Sport Tourer + Site Supporter

Thanks To RW for this Event - Was so good to hand them over some money which will help Them THIS Makes me Feel So SOProud to be a SEC member - this is what we are all about Fun days Good Riding,Chat and Enjoyment - Thanks to you All Very Impressed with the Turn out sorry was not with you on Bike, But still would not of Missed it
    p.s Liking Sue plans for Next Year .... :)

Gazza1, Sporty1200 and Roadwart like this.
  10. Roughie

Roughie Street Fighter +

Lucky we were not going to a fire eh :hot:

Top day, it was really good to meet you all again and to meet some new faces .. i really must get my arse in gear and stop moping around indoors .. I can't make the Brands weekend, so really hope to see you at my house warming celebration BBQ on the 10th September

11. Russell

Russell Race Rep +

Sorry I didn't make it in the end, something came up...made a donation via the website.

Roadwart and Yoda like this.
  12. SteveeP

SteveeP Sport Tourer +

Fantastic day! Privilaged to be part of such a great crowd

Sporty1200 likes this.
  13. ramrider

ramrider Race Rep +

what came up russell :bounce:

14. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

All I can say is THANK YOU EVERYONE! What a brilliant turn-out! I was, honestly, expecting to leave Rye with maybe 20 bikes tops. To end up with the amount we did was amazing! If any of you are in touch with the guys & gals who are not on here or the other forum, please pass on my thanks for the support they all gave us. £550 was the final figure handed over which I know the KAA will put to good use, hopefully not on any of us.

I did speak briefly to Jim while at KAA & it looks like we may make this an annual event :thumbsup:

Sporty1200 and BlackHornet like this.
  15. Jayjay

Jayjay Street Fighter +

Thanks to all those people who made today possible :thumbsup:
    Great weather :sun2: fantastic to meet so many members :cheers: and to raise loads of :cash: for an excellent cause. :respekt: to you all

Sporty1200 likes this.
  16. Blade rr6

Blade rr6 World Superbike +

Sporty1200 and BlackHornet like this.
  17. Sporty1200

Sporty1200 British Superbike +

18. GixxerGilly

GixxerGilly Moderator +

brilliant day, nice meeting new people too , but have forgotton who I met and didnt meet (if that makes sense) prob not, anyway moving swiftly on...............
    Having done the Essex Air ambulance run more or less since it started untill having no bikes -- this has been an ideal *taster* day for us as a forum and as bikers - also for the KAA to appreciate rides can be oragnaised and organised well (nice one RW) and monies raised --sooooooooooooooooooooo I am def thinking between the forum and KAA - this could be a bigger event in future to raise money for the KAA -
    I live on a peninsular -one road in and out - the KAA is a must for us.
    Was Spin their ?? and Meggawatt ??

19. Jim

Jim Race Rep +

I spoke to the KAA organiser today and raised the idea of an annual KAA Run to rival the Essex Event, she is definately up for this but didn't know where to start, so I have left her my details and we are going to arrange a meeting. I will recomend a team to should be set up to organise the event with members from this club. Who knows, one day the 'huge' KAA Run may become synonymous with SEC Bikers! Anyone interested in this let me know. ............Roadwart?

Annabelle and GixxerGilly like this.
  20. Roadwart

Roadwart Administrator Staff Member Administrator +

Spin was there but I don`t know about Megawatt as I`ve not met him.

As I said before, having briefly speaking to Jim today, on the success of this initial run (I counted a definite 51 bikes at the final RV so we`ve also got to take into account the guys & gals that when straight to the KAA site), there is a VERY good chance this could become an annual thing :thumbsup: If it does, I`m definitely going be looking at a bigger start point.

GixxerGilly likes this.